Overexposure to the sun, stress, poor lifestyle choices and prolonged usage of cosmetic products that have harsh chemicals can cause the skin to become dark and dull. Get insights on how to lighten skin fast, naturally permanently and by use of home remedies.
Most people work very hard to achieve a fair flawless skin and the market provides a variety of solutions that range from whitening creams to lotions. Though such chemical products have a harmful effect that can damage the skin and they are often expensive products.
How to Lighten skin Fast
- There are faster ways on how to lighten skin your skin. One such a relief is the DIY.it only takes a few minutes, usually less than 10 with two other kitchen cabinet ingredients and the process to lighten the skin starts immediately in reducing the dark spots.
The dark spots are in fact hyperpigmentation which is a sign of sun damage that is caused by high melanin production when the skin is overexposed to the sun as it tries to protect itself from the harmful UV rays.
It requires that exfoliation is done regularly, removal of the surface layers of the damaged skin to lighten the dark spots then the new skin replaces the damaged skin.
- Lemmon has also been found to be a natural exfoliator and helps greatly used in how to lighten skin in the skin lightening treatment. When sliced by half,rub the juicy side on the face avoiding the eyes. The acids that are found I the lemon encourage exfoliation by sloughing away tye outer layers of the dead cells, thus improving the production of the new cells. The acids that are found in the fruit, dissolve the old skin cells for the production of the new cells.
- Licorice root extract is a goody remedy for various conditions like the eczema. Licorice has an excellent property of how to lighten skin and whiten the dark spots. It works by reducing the production of melanin and balancing the skin cells perfectly.
- Prepare a cotton ball with some drops of licorice extract
- Put the extract in a bowel and dip the cotton ball in the extract and apply on the face hands, legs and all the dark areas of the body.
- Apply this method and leave it overnight, wash it the next morning.
How to Lighten Dark Skin Naturally
There are many ways and tips that you can use to brighten and how to lighten skin such as egg whites and lemons. These you can use to lighten the skin fast naturally;
- Limit the exposure of your skin to sunlight; this can be done through application of sunscreen to protect the skin from the suns direct ultra violet rays. Moisturizers and other beauty products that contains 20 SPF can be used. This lightens the skin over time. But also ensure that you also get Vitamin D and sunlight is the best source of the vitamin thus you should balance your exposure to the sunlight with regard to your choice of how to lighten skin.
- The use of lemon juice; this juice can lighten the skin naturally as it contains citric and ascorbic acid that are good source of vitamin c that both have skin lightening properties.
The procedure for using lemon in how to lighten skin includes the below;
- Cutting the lemon into halves and buffing it gently on the face. Rinse the face after about 20 minutes and repeating the process regularly day by day until the skin lightens.
- Lemon can also be mixed with yogurt and applied on the face once a day for about 20 minutes, this works well as a mild bleaching agent
- Mix equal parts of the lemon juice and the egg whites and heat in a pan over low heat till the mixture thickens. The mixture is then cooled in a jar and kept in a refrigerator. Apply the mixture on the face and neck for 15 minutes and rinse off seeing the skin lighten day by day when the procedure is repeated.
- You can also mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with some honey, honey has a soothing and antibacterial properties that effectively gives the skin a lightening solution. Massage gently the skin for about 20 minutes and then wash off the mixture.
- Use of milk; yes, milk is a good requirement when choosing how to lighten skin. Especially when applied topically, the lactic acid that is found in milk gradually diminish the skin pigmentation thus giving you a brighter complexion.
- Soak a slice of a lemon in milk for about 20 minutes and then rub the milk on the skin then leaving it overnight. Wash the skin thoroughly in the morning
- Pour the milk onto a bowl, preferably goats milk or even butter milk as it has extra benefit that can make the skin look supple and very smooth
- Soak a soft cloth in the milk making sure to wring out the milk so that the cloth does not drip.
- Buff the milk on the face with the washcloth. Refresh the washcloth with the milk when it dries out. Rinse off after about 20 minutes and apply overnight. You will start to notice the lightening up of the skin after some weeks.
- How to lighten skin using Chamomile flowers; three tablespoons of dried chamomile flowers should be added into a cup of boiling water and let soaked for about 10minutes. Strain well the herbs from the solution. Add one tablespoon each of rosewater and honey in the mixture. Apply this on the skin and rinse off after about 20 minutes. Keep any left solution in the refrigerator for future use.
- How to lighten skin using Lemmon turmeric cream; this is an effective way to lighten the skin as it treats the dark patches on the skin of the body such as the inner thighs, the elbows and the knees as well as other areas that have patches and left for about 15 minutes and then rinsed off with water. Both the ingredients of the mixture have skin bleaching properties to lighten the skin. Take note that turmeric tends to stain, so you should put on gloves to avoid staining of your clothes, to remove the turmeric stains from the clothes, apply wet ground sugar to exfoliate the stain from the affected area and then rinse off using cold water.
- How to lighten skin using Gram flour with olive oil; blend the finely grounded gram flour also called besan and a pinch of turmeric powder with olive oil. Apply the paste onto the skin and rinse off after about 20 minutes
- How to lighten skin by Use of vitamin c; vitamin c is a good skin lightener, it is an excellent anti-oxidant and research has also shown that it greatly helps in lightening of the skin. Use of lemon juice as a source of vitamin c is highly recommended that can also be used to make homemade skin lighteners.
Skin Whitening Home remedies
This is a cheap method where you will save yourself a lot of money by use of natural remedies that effectively brightens the complexion of your skin.
The natural ways of how to lighten skin are mentioned as below;
- The yoghurt; this is a by-product of milk that has many nutrients that are good for the skin. Yoghurt equally contains lactic acid that usually has those bleaching properties. The remedies for using this product are good for all skin types.
Gently rub the yoghurt on the surface of your skin. Leave it on for a few minutes like 10 and then wash the rubbed yoghurt off. You can do this once in a day for a month and you will notice a change on the complexion of your skin
However, you can also mix one tablespoon of fresh yogurt with one tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture on your body and especially the neck and the face. Leave the mixture on the surface for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with plenty of water. Do this daily for a month and it will improve the complexion of your skin and face leaving it moisturized.
How to lighten skin using the oranges;
What is considered the most important ingredient in the oranges with regard to skin care is vitamin C, they also have the bleaching properties that can enable the lightening of the skin tones. Regular consumption of oranges can improve the skin tone of the body and also suppleness. The usage of orange can be in two ways to lighten the skin;
- Two tablespoons of orange juice is combined with a pinch of powdered turmeric and the mixture is applied on the face before going to bed. The mixture can also be applied on the hands and the legs. They should be washed off after about 30 minutes daily before going to bed.
- Two orange pills are grinded into powder. A tablespoon of the powdered peels is mixed with a tablespoon of yoghurt making a paste. The paste is applied on the skin and left for about 20 minutes. Rinse off the paste from the body with plenty of water. This greatly helps to lighten spots and other marks on the face. This process should be carried out at least once a week for better results.
How to lighten skin by use of gram flour;
This is one of the best ingredients that is used by people who lighten their skin to obtain a fair complexion as it contains various nutrients that help in keeping the skin very healthy. Using this remedy for every day can help remove the excess oil from the skin giving the skin a natural moisture.
- The gram flour should be mixed with a small amount of water making a thick paste
- The paste should be applied on the face, hands and the legs
- The paste should be left on the applied areas until it dries then washed off with water.
How to lighten skin using honey;
Honeys is an important component in bleaching the skin while at the same time acting as a moisturizing agent. Uneven skin tone is due to the drying up of the skin. Honey also has antibacterial properties thus helping fading age spots and acne scars
Honey should be applied on then face, leaving it on for a few minutes and washing eventually with warm water. This remedy helps to remove dead cells of the skin thus making the skin appear brighter and fresher than before, the process should be repeated once in a day.
When teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice with honey and lemon juice, also add a tablespoon of powdered milk and almond oil. They should be mixed well and applied gently on the skin. Leave it applied on the skin for about 15 minutes and then wash it with cold water. This should be repeated once daily in a month.
How to lighten skin by using Lemons;
Lemons have acidic properties by working also as a natural bleaching of the skin and extremely high amount of vitamin C encouraging the growth of new cell growth. Lemons also have antioxidants that are good for the complexion of the skin.
- Dip a cotton ball in a freshly lemon juice and directly apply on the face, also rub a cut lemon directed on the affected skin allowing the juice to stick to the skin. This improves the complexion of the skin also preventing the scars development of scars on the face.
- Mix two spoonful of lemon juice with a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Apply the mixture on the skin leaving it on for half an hour. Wash the paste on the face with cold water, repeat the process at least twice in a day for two weeks.
Ensure that the skin does not have open wounds as the acidic nature of the lemon juice can cause pain on the open wounds.
Aloe Vera gel;
This alleviates the pigmentation restoring the original color of the skin. Hyperpigmentation causes uneven skin tone.
The cooling effect of aloe Vera also helps greatly to regenerate new cells and building of damaged tissue that is important for healthy skin. This simple remedy makes the aloe Vera capable of lightening the dark spots on the skin by improving the complexion of the skin;
- Cut the outer layers of the aloe Vera by squeezing out the thick forming a jelly like substance
- Apply thoroughly the gel on the skin
- Leave it on the skin for about 30 minute and then wash off with cold water
- You can repeat this process for at least twice daily for two weeks
How to Lighten Skin Permanently
- There are very many options that can be used to lighten the skin permanently including the use of laser, bleaching creams and use of chemical peels. Ensure to have a consultation to certified dermatologist before you decide which method is best for you.
- It is argued , however that the only true skin lightening agent that is known is hydroquinone that is usually prescribed by a physician and can only be found in a special pharmacy your local area. This agent is applied to small areas individually but cannot be used to be applied to the whole body at once, also some areas will lighten more than others but different strengths can be used
- It is also important to note that permanent lightening of the skin is a medical procedure that is reserved for patients with a need for that procedure and may constitute a reason on why you should discuss with your dermatologist. For the patients with skin pigmentation, their immune system attacks the pigment producing cells in the skin causing them to lose all the pigments from the patches throughout the body.
The problem that comes with this procedure is that it gets rid of melanin which is important. This procedure should be strictly be done by a doctor as many of the products offered over the counter may be unsafe or even toxic and can damage the skin in the long run.
Dermatologists do not offer skin lightening solutions for cosmetic reasons as it increases the risk of cancer. Always share your skin problems you may be having with a dermatologist as they can inform you of any safe options that are available for the lightening of the skin and also offer counselling to help you be able to learn on what can help you see the beauty in the skin than to through chemicals or medication
- There are huge consequences to abusing of the skin, as the case of many celebrities whose procedure have gone wrong if drugs like hydroquinone is used in higher doses than 2% or over three months of usage, they can lead to pretty negative results or even the paradoxical ones, there has been reports of development of exogenous ochronosis, that is the darkening of the skin permanently that is equally resistant to medications of all sorts.
Overuse of this skin lighteners can cause the pigmentation to build up in the extremities like the fingers, toes and ears causing them to look mismatched.
May 26, 2016 at 5:09 am
Skin whitening foods is highly recommended to make the skin feel fresh. Some type eat that can help in skin lightening for men and women. Bananas, Soybean, Dark chocolate. There are many foods and is an option.
June 29, 2016 at 6:15 am
I recently purchased and began using DermalMD Lightening Serum. Within a few days, I started to notice a subtle glow to my skin. I enjoyed that this product was not at all heavy feeling when applied. It was very easy to add to my daily routine.
July 21, 2016 at 11:38 am
Bananas, Soybean, Dark chocolate can help skin lightening for men and women.
August 31, 2016 at 12:23 am
Hi. I would recommend Dermalmd Skin Lighter serum as a skin brightener and moisturizer. It can be used on the body as well. If your legs are really dry you might try using products with oils in them.
September 26, 2016 at 10:39 pm
Hi I have been using epiderm cream on my face for the past two years. Now if I want to stop using it i start having big pip & rush plus my face becomes dark. Please advise me on how to go back to my original skin & what to use
November 15, 2016 at 10:36 am
go meet your dermatologist,, what you were using is an antifungal medicine not to be used continuously as a cosmetic.
October 11, 2016 at 7:01 pm
Recently I purchase dermalmd lightening serum because I am getting a significant amount of dark spots on my forehead. I have started using this twice a day and I’m noticing that the darkening areas are reducing in color. I would attribute dermalmd reduction to the serum I am using. It does not smell and goes on non-greasy. A little goes a long way so it makes it a great value.
October 30, 2016 at 1:38 pm
Comment… I Am In Nigeria West-Africa I do expose myself in sun @construction sites and a while playing soccer i am chocolate-skinned in nature and i wanna get my skin lightened… Hope using this home remedies won’t get me a skin side effect?
November 8, 2016 at 6:17 pm
Thanks, i use alo vera gel for a week, and its work for my skin
November 29, 2016 at 1:48 am
The use of hydroquinone does worry me a bit though. It does work to lighten up skin for sure, and doctors do prescribe products that contain it. The problem is that some countries have actually banned this ingredient from use now. So I’m not sure how safe it is anymore so I am moving over to using more natural ingredients just in case.