Dark sports are caused by various factors on the skin. For example diseases, mosquito bites, acne and so on. This article enlightens us on how to remove dark areas on skin.
What Causes Dark Areas on Skin
Dark areas on skin are caused by the following factors:
Bleeding in the skin, autoimmune diseases, skin injury, skin lesions, macula, fungal infections and mosquito bites.
These are radiations from the sun that affects the living tissues. When the skin is exposed to sun for long time, the skin produces melanin that causes skin darkening.
This is a skin condition that causes blackheads, pimples, and whiteheads. This condition is scarring and may even lower your self-esteem therefore its necessary to learn on how to remove dark areas on the skin.
Bleeding in the skin
Injuries and cuts on the skin causes internal bleeding that causes brown spots on the skin.
Black Spots, patches and Marks
These are skin problems that are caused by formation of scars on the skin due to pimples, bumps and acne.
Stretch marks also causes dark lines on the skin. Stretching of the skin due to bodybuilding, working out and pregnancy are among what causes the skin to stretch.
There are different types of birthmarks which causes pigmentation on the skin.
Mosquito and other insect bites can also cause dark areas on the skin. This is due to rapture of a skin underlying blood vessel and also puncturing of the upper layer skin tissues that ends up scarring.
Causes of Dark Areas on Thighs
Darkening of inner thighs is an annoying condition that is caused by various ways. First of all is due to hormonal imbalances of the body under different circumstances. For example the period between pregnancy and lactation may speed up darkening and the pigmentation of the inner thighs. Also the use of birth control pills may result to the same problem.
Apart from the mentioned above reasons there is also other causes of inner thighs darkening including wearing of tight clothing’s, the use of chemically reactive skin care products and deodorants, exposure to heat that cause excessive sweating and allergic response to causative agents.
How to Remove Dark Areas on Thighs – Home Remedies
Before you chose on how to remove dark areas on inner thighs, have your sugar level checked because the pigmentations may not be treated by skin lightening products if the patches are as a result of insulin resistance.
Apart from patches caused by insulin resistance here is a homemade remedy method on how to remove dark areas on thighs. This method is preferred over chemical methods bearing in mind the sensitivity of delicate tissues of the inner thighs.
Lemon juice contain citric and ascorbic acid which forms a source of vitamin C which is effective for skin whitening. Here is how to use:
- Cut a lemon into two halves and buff it gently onto your face and neck. Rinse your face after 10 -15 minutes. Do it regularly and see your skin lightening up overnight day by day.
- Mix small quantity of lemon juice with a bit of yogurt. Apply it once a day. It works as good mild skin bleaching agent.
- Mix equal parts of lemon juice and egg whites. Heat the mixture in a small pan over low heat till the mixture thickens. Cool it in a small jar and keep it in your refrigerator. Apply this mixture onto your thighs and keep it for 15 – 20 minutes and then rinse off and see your skin brightening day by day. This also works well to remove a sun tan.
Another way is to mix one teaspoonful of lemon juice with an equal amount of honey which has soothing properties to get an effective skin lightening solution. Gently massage and leave on your skin for 15 – 20 minutes, and then wash off.
Aloe Vera diminishes hyperpigmentation and creates a bright smooth skin complexion overnight. This natural ingredient also helps in the repair of skin damaged tissues and rebuilding of new cell for a smooth beautiful skin. Therefore most suitable for removal of dark areas on skin.
Here is how to use:
- Cut the outer layers of an aloe Vera leaf. Squeeze out the thick, jelly-like substance.
- Apply the gel thoroughly on your skin.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off with water.
- Do this at least twice daily for two weeks for effective outcome.
Turmeric is a strong antioxidant that also has antiseptic properties. It however helps in cleansing of the skin impurities that causes uneven skin tone and hyperpigmentation. Here is how to remove dark areas on skin using turmeric:
- Make a paste by mixing turmeric powder with milk cream.
- Apply it on the skin and allow it for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face and neck with lukewarm water.
You can also mix turmeric powder, gram flour and lemon juice one teaspoonful each. Make a paste and apply the mask on the face to stay for 20 m1inutes. Scrub of the mask and wash your face with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a week for effective outcome.
This is a natural ingredient that contain skin bleaching properties. This is how to use:
- Regularly eat papaya as a fruit. This will help to cleanse the skin of free radicals that causes darkening.
- Gently rub the skin of papaya directly on your face, thighs, or neck. Wash after 15 minutes with cold water and pat it dry. Do it on daily basis for effective outcome.
- Mix a cup of fresh lemon juice with mashed papaya. Apply on the face and neck as a mask and let it stay for 20 minutes. Wash with cold water and pat it dry. Repeat this twice a week for a fair complexion.
Milk contain lactic acid that helps in diminishing skin pigmentation hence a bright complexion. Here is how to lighten skin with milk.
- Place cow’s or goat’s milk in a bowl.
- Soak a soft cloth in the milk.
- Buff the milk on your face and neck using the soaked was cloth and rinse after 20 minutes.
How to Remove Dark Areas on Skin Naturally
- Mix cucumber juice, lemon juice and apply overnight. Rinse in the morning with a lot of water. Several times should lead to a change in your skin complexion. You can opt to use cucumber juice only.
- Heat some honey and let it cool for 3o minutes. Apply on the face and rinse after 30 minutes. Repeat for several days to observe dark spot and black complexion disappearing.
- A tomato cut into two halves can be applied on the face and rinse after 20 minutes. Alternatively you can use sliced pieces of raw potatoes and your skin will lighten.
- In a container mix equal amounts of turmeric, olive oil and chickpea flour. Stir to form a pate and apply as a mask on your face. Give it 20 minutes before you rinse.
- Apply Aloe Vera juice form a fresh cut leave on the skin. This natural ingredient has skin discoloration property besides healing other skin blemishes.
- Apply coconut water on your skin on a regular basis. This natural ingredient is gentle in ensuring a supple smooth skin.
Other methods for removal of dark areas on skin fast include use of skin lightening pills, glutathione skin whitening injections, creams and even skin lightening surgery for a severe case.