Get insights on how to get rid of dark elbows fast, overnight, permanently and naturally.
What Causes Dark Elbows
The skin of the elbows and the knees become thicker with a little more folds than the surrounding areas. Uneven distribution of the pigmentation on the body results in some areas being darker than others. With little blood supply and no oil glands, the area tends to be rough and dry, the common causes of that may require how to lighten dark elbows are;
- Genetic makeup
- The drying of the skin
- Overexposure to the sun
- Use of certain medications can darken the elbows
- Poor and improper hygiene
- Lack of exfoliation, accumulation of dirt, grime and the dead skin
- Certain diseases like the Addison’s syndrome and the obesity
- Hormonal imbalances
- Frequent contact and friction with clothing or sometimes leaning too much on the table with your tables
- Also benign hyperpigmentation in the elbows
The skin in these areas are always in motion because they are over some of the most utilized joints in the body. There is no permanent way to lighten up those particular areas of the body including how to lighten dark elbows. You should continue to gently exfoliate which are non-abrasive to help maintain these areas to their best appearance
How to Lighten Dark Elbows Fast
There are various ways that we can used on how to lighten dark elbows, by use of the following we can whiten the dark elbows;
- how to lighten dark elbows using Lemon; this is an anti-oxidant that has both bleaching and exfoliating properties and thus can be used to get rid of dark skin cells that appears on various parts of the body that includes the dark elbows. It equally clears the way for healthy cells reproduction.
Cut a large lemon into halves. Squeeze the juice from the halves into two small cups. Scrub each lemon on each elbow and knees for about 20 minutes and rub away the pulp. Keep the cleansed area away from sunlight by staying indoors or you can alternatively cover them using a loosely fitting clothing.
However, avoid putting water on the cleansed area. Moisturize the area with pure petroleum jelly or Vaseline and your elbow will start feeling smoother and softer. Repeat the process daily up to a few weeks until you start to see a significant improvement on your elbow skin. Continue with the treatment until the elbows are lightened and thereafter use the same ingredient and procedure when necessary.
- how to lighten dark elbows by use of Fresh Lemon Juice, olive oil and salt: mix two spoonful of fresh lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and some cup of salt in a small bowl. Ensure to mix the ingredients well. The lemon juice acts as acidic to eliminate dead skin cells, uncovering lighten skin from underneath as also works greatly as a skin bleaching agent. The property of salty being grainy makes it a good exfoliate that removes dead skin cells. In addition the olive oil works as a moisturizer.
Rub the made mixed paste onto the dark elbows for each and every day for about 20 minutes and a significant change will be noticed after 1 week.
You should take caution as the lemon can sting the elbow or all the affected areas unbearably and the skin might be super dry, if that happens then you should moisturize the skin using a moisturizer or petroleum jelly a night before you apply the lemon
- How to lighten dark elbows using Baking soda mixed with milk; these ingredients should be mixed well to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on the elbows and rub in circular motion. Repeat this treatment every day or alternate day till the dark parts of the elbows start to brighten. Ensure to check to ensure that the area affected is not bruised or the salt ingredients
- How to lighten dark elbows using Coconut oil and lemon juice; mix a tablespoon of coconut oil with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a small glass bowel. Rub the natural whitening solution on the dark elbows and knees for about 15 minutes, then wipe off any excess lotion using paper towels, coconut oil is not a good soothing ingredient but works as a hydrating agent and also a natural bleacher.
- how to lighten dark elbows using Olive oil and sugar; mix a tablespoon of olive oil with a tablespoon of sugar so as to form a scrubbing paste that you can use on the dark elbows. Rub this paste on the dark elbows and knees for 15 minutes before taking bath.
- That if none of the home remedies above works in getting rid of the darkened skin on the elbows then it is recommended that you take skin bleaching lotion.
- After using the above ingredients in exfoliating the skin on the elbows or skin, remember that moisturization is very critical especially with the use of coconut oil or any other moisturizer or the petroleum jelly to prevent reoccurrence of the darkening of the affected areas
- When the methods above have been put in practice consistently. Be patient as the results may take a while.
Exfoliating and Moisturizing
- how to lighten dark elbows by Scrubbing the elbows; scrubbing the elbows allows the removal of the dry and flaky skin cells that became eventually trapped in the elbow creases thus causing the skin to have the darker appearance
- You are advised to use loofah or washcloth to apply the exfoliating shower gel to remove the excess dead cells that are on the elbows
- Alternatively, you can also make your own sugar scrub by mixing 2 parts of sugar and 1 part of almond oil or coconut oil or olive.
- Ensure to scrub gently and slowly and not too frequently as this may produce cells that can make your skin darker. You can scrub once or twice a week
- Be patient as you apply and wait for results
- Moisturize the skin after scrubbing; dry skin causes the elbows to darken. So remember to always keep the place moisturized
- –moisturize after each shower and or bath, before you go to bed or even before you leave the house in the morning. For better results, you are advised to use lotion that contain shea butter.
- –a heavy treatment is required by applying a thick layer of petroleum jelly, coconut oil to the elbows before you go bed. Massive moisturizer prevents ruining of the skin cells.
- – The sock sleeve helps in retention of the body heat and liquefying of the moisturizer thus assisting the absorption by the skin
- Wear sunscreen; Sun exposure causes the skin to be damaged and making of the skin on the elbows and knees darker. So it is thus important to apply a sunscreen before all the outdoor activities. There are creams that may help lighten or even chemical peels that could help. One thing that would be advisable would be to use a sunscreen whenever you are in the sun to help minimize further hyper pigmentation. As well, you can use various of the exfoliation products to help get rid of the dead cells
How to Whiten Dark Elbows Naturally
- How to lighten dark elbows by using Turmeric that cure discolored elbows; turmeric is known with its exfoliating and the bleaching properties that help to effectively get rid of the dark patches on the skin. A heavy mixture of the cream and the turmeric will help to whiten the skin on elbows particularly on the people with darker skin tones. Turmeric is a natural bleaching agent that helps to get rid of melanin
- To lighten the skin around the elbows, mix gram flour and turmeric in the yogurt heavy cream and water to make a paste
- Apply the made paste on the body leaving it there for about 30 minutes until it dries off
- Wash off this paste that id dried on the body with warm water gently by rubbing and scrubbing the elbows in a circular motion
- Repeat this process at least 3 times a week. You will notice an improvement in a few weeks
- Note that when turmeric is left for too long on the skin, then it may stain the skin to yellow, although the effect is temporary and may fade off in a day or two.
- how to lighten dark elbows by Use of mint leaves
Mint has the natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that heals the skin and adds it with essential oils that aid in synthesis of the white blood cells and the collagen that lighten the skin by clearing the scars and the dark spots.
- Boil the hot water and add mint leaves into it
- Allow the mint to boil for a few minutes and add fresh lemon juice
- Get the mixture from the flame and allow it to cool to a skin tolerable temperature
- Soak a cotton ball with the solution and gently dab it on the elbows
- Leave it on the skin for about 20 minutes then rinse off using warm water
- Do this process regularly to ensure that you get rid of dark elbows quickly.
According to studies, the skin at the elbows are resilient and elastic. The pigmentation of the melanin is more pronounced when the joints are extended and the overlying skin is contracted.
Darkening of the knees and the elbows is usually caused by the redundancy of the skin that has to allow for bending. This skin type is due to constant friction that thickens the skin. This implies that most of the home remedies are superficial and they can’t do much to change the specific type of the skin in those particular areas.
Most of the described treatments are temporary. For you to gain a more permanent result, it is recommended that you find a remedy that works for you. However regular exfoliation will help you maintain this areas in their best appearance. For more permanent results, talk to your dermatologist on the possibility of using chemical peel or the ones that offers permanent exfoliation procedures.
Remember that permanent methods that can be used to lighten elbows should be applied carefully so that you don’t end up with brighter body parts than others.
Dark Elbows Home Remedies
A skin around the elbows and the knees is usually thicker and usually has more folds than all the surrounding parts of the skin. These parts also has no oil glands making it appear drier, thus requires proper care and maintenance and hygiene so as the skin at the area don’t become darker than other parts of the body.
Although darkening of the elbows may be contributed by frequent rubbing, overexposure to the sun, genetic factors and so many others but mostly increased production and buildup of melanin.
Several natural remedies and simple skin care techniques can help solve this problem.
- how to lighten dark elbows using coconut oil; this is a good remedy that lightens skin of the elbows and the knees as it contains vitamin E which can help whiten the skin and prevent dryness by keeping the skin hydrated and moisturized. It can also repair the damaged skin
- After the shower, apply this oil on the knees and elbows and massage gently for 3 minutes. Reapply several times a day so as to prevent dryness.
- Alternatively, prepare a mixture of 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Rub the solution on the dark elbows and the knees and let it for about 20 minutes, then wipe off with paper towels. Do this once daily.
- Add enough coconut oil to 2 tablespoons of walnut powder to make a thick paste. Use the paste to exfoliate the dark patches of the skin around the elbows by repeating the process about three times a week
- how to lighten dark elbows using Lemon; this ingredient has been known for its bleaching and exfoliating properties. It is also known to contain high amount of vitamin C thus helping to remove dead cells and lightening of the skin tone. It also promotes regeneration of healthy skin cells.
- Apply this ingredient on the elbows and knees and massage it for about 30 minutes. Wash it off with warm water and apply a moisturizing lotion
- You can extract the juice of 1 lemon and mix it with 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture on the affected areas and leave it there for about 20 minutes and wash off the mixture with warm water
- how to lighten dark elbows using Yogurt; this ingredient contains lactic acid that helps in lightening of the skin. It also cleanses and moisturizes the skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt and white vinegar to get a smooth paste. Apply it on the affected areas paying special attention on the elbows and the knees and let it dry. Rinse off using warm water and pat dry. Apply a moisturizer. Repeat the process for few weeks.
- Alternatively, mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour and 1 tablespoon of plain yoghurt to make a thick paste of the two. Apply it on the affected areas paying special attention to the elbows. Rub with wet fingers and remove the applied paste using warm water. Repeat the process for at least two times in a week.
- How to lighten dark elbows using Sugar; to whiten skin at the elbows, you can a simple homemade sugar scrub where the granules helps in exfoliation of the dead skin cells and softening of the skin.
- Mix equal amounts of sugar and olive oil making a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the knees and the elbows rubbing it around using the circular motions for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with mild soap and warm water.
- Do this process daily until the skin tone around the knees and elbows lightens.
- Repeat the treatment at least once in a week
- How to lighten dark elbows using Baking Soda; Baking soda acts as a gentle cleanser, hence it is effective for treating dark knees and elbows. It helps remove dead skin cells and reduce hyper-pigmentation that forms around the knees and elbows.
- Prepare a paste with 1 tablespoon each of milk and the baking powder.
- Apply it on the affected areas and rub it around circular motions at the affected areas paying special attention.
- Wash the applied area with Luke warm water and pat dry the area.
- Repeat the process daily for a week until you get the desired results
- Aloe Vera; aloe Vera is known as a natural skin lightener that keeps the skin hydrated and moisturized. It can also help in maintaining the even skin tone and promoting the repair of the skin cells that has been damaged by the sun exposure.
- Extract the gel by breaking the open fleshy aloe Vera
- Apply the gel to the affected areas paying special attention at the elbows
- Let it remain there for 20 minutes then wash off with warm water
- Repeat the process at least 2 times in a day for few weeks